At Bilkent THM, we prepare our students for an international career.
The following points may give you an idea as to how we go about it:
- The medium of instruction is English. However, you do not need to provide an official certificate to prove your English proficiency before coming to Bilkent THM. We have an English Language Preparatory School to get you ready for your study in Tourism and Hotel Management in English. Learn more.
- The curriculum is designed to prepare our graduates for managerial positions in the industry by combining management courses with tourism and hospitality related subjects such as hotel operations and food and beverage services. Consequently, our graduates work in over a hundred leading companies. Learn more.
- The B.Sc. program in Tourism and Hotel Management involves two internship programs, which enable many of our students to find their future jobs before graduation.
- We have strong connections with major players in the industry. Our students complete their internships in leading organizations not only in Turkey but abroad that include: Ankara HiltonSA, Marriott Hotel Ankara, Sheraton Ankara Hotel and Convention Center, Swissôtel Ankara, Çırağan Palace Kempinski Istanbul, Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, Fairmont Quasar Istanbul, The Ritz-Carlton Istanbul, Raffles Istanbul Hotels and Resorts, Mandarin Resort Bodrum, Crown Plaza Ankara, Wyndham Ankara, Bilkent Hotel Ankara and Convention Center, Kempinski Barbaros Bay Bodrum, The Broadmoor in the USA, FIVE Palm Jumeriah Dubai in the UAE.
- We provide both theoretical and practical instruction. The theoretical portion involves tourism and hospitality related subjects approached from a managerial perspective. Our students also have the chance to gain hands-on experience in our practice restaurant and hotel, as well as during internships. This experience ensures that our graduates possess the right qualities and proper courtesy for the industry.
- We have been recognized as the “Best in Tourism Education” in Turkey by the Association of Travel and Tourism Professionals International (SKAL). Read more.
- We have a faculty with experience in the industry and a strong research background. Our faculty members have over 300 journal article citations in the last five years, according to Scopus (a leading global abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed academic research literature).
- We offer study abroad under the Erasmus Exchange Program. The following are among the options you can choose from to study abroad for a semester or a year: Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences, Satakunta University of Applied Sciences, Tampere University of Applied Sciences and JAMK University of Applied Sciences in Finland; the International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef in Germany; and NHTV Breda University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands. Learn more.
- We also have strong links with other universities abroad to further your education. These include the following: the William F. Harrah College of Hospitality at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and the College of Hospitality and Tourism Leadership at the University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, in the USA.
- We also attract international students. Currently, we have international students from 25 countries and graduates from 17 countries.
- We are recognized by the Higher Education Council of Turkey as a four-year degree program that provides instruction equivalent to that received in a faculty of economics and administrative and social sciences in Turkey. Therefore, our graduates can apply for jobs that are open to faculty of economics and administrative and social sciences graduates. Learn more.
- Our curriculum includes courses that provide instruction in computerized programs used in the industry, including MicrosFidelio for Front Office, ChefTec for Food and Beverage, and Link for Accounting. Our students get a certificate for the Link accounting program.
- Our curriculum offers comprehensive tourism and hospitality education in English, along with a chance to learn a second foreign language, including German, Italian, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese. Learn more.
- Every year, our career fair attracts a number of tourism and hospitality leaders. In the previous years, prestigious organizations including Hillside Beach Club, Mandarin Oriental Bodrum, Edition Hotels Bodrum joined us on our career days. For the complete list, please visit our Career Center. In addition to the career fair, our department is visited by leading organizations throughout the year. Learn more.
- Our career center guides our graduates to the best career options for them and provides connections with industry recruiters. Learn more.
- Since 1988, we have graduated over 3,900 students; we have an active alumni network. Learn more.
- Bilkent University is located in Ankara, which is close to major tourist destinations such as Antalya, Istanbul, and Cappadocia. Learn more.
We look forward to welcoming you to Bilkent THM, where you can begin your journey toward a successful future.